- Membrane Cleaning Procedure
- MSC P-11 High pH Powdered Membrane Cleaner
1. Thoroughly clean solution tank on cleaning skid.
2. Install new cartridge or bag filters in the cleaning skid
3. Fill the solution tank to the appropriate level with RO permeate
4. Mix MSC P-11, in the solution tank, at a ratio of 1pound to
5. Recirculate the cleaning solution through the filters and
back to the solution tank until cleaner is completely dissolved.
6. Heat the cleaning solution to the desired temperature.
7. Check solution pH. Proper range is 10.0 to11.75. pH may be
lowered by adding small amounts of citric acid or raised by adding
small amounts of ammonium hydroxide.
8. With the RO system still running, take a pH reading of the
Permeate and Concentrate waters and log them for post-cleaning
9. Shutdown the RO system and connect the cleaning skid to the
first stage of the RO system.
10. Connect the Permeate return line to the cleaning skid and
divert the Concentrate line to an appropriate drain.
12. Slowly begin pumping the cleaning solution into the first
pass while watching the Concentrate going to drain. As soon as
cleaning solution is evident in the Concentrate stream, shutdown
the cleaning skid pump and connect the Concentrate return to
the cleaning skid.
13. Restart the cleaning skid pump and set flows and pressures
to the appropriate settings.
14. Recirculate the cleaning solution for 1 hour. Check the pH
of the solution periodically and adjust as required. If the solution
is extremely dirty, mix a new batch.
15. Shutdown the cleaning skid pump and allow the cleaner to
static soak for 30 minutes.
16. Restart the pump and recirculate the cleaning solution for
an additional 30 minutes and then move on to clean additional
17. Clean additional stages using steps 8 through 14. Periodically
check the solution pH and adjust as required. If the solution
becomes severely discolored and/or dirty, a new solution will
be required to be mixed. If additional water is added to the
solution tank, add one pound of MSC P-11 for every 10 gallons
of water added.
18. After each stage has been cleaned, drain and rinse out the
solution tank and fill with RO Permeate water.
19. Divert Concentrate and Permeate lines to an appropriate drain.
20. Start the cleaning skid pump and pump clean water through
the first pass to drain. Continue rinsing until the Concentrate
pH is the same as the Rinse water in the solution tank.
21.Rinse additional passes following steps 18 and 19.
If this is not the final procedure in a multi-procedure cleaning
regimen, go on to the next cleaning procedure. If this is the
final procedure and you are ready to start up the RO system,
divert the Concentrate and Permeate lines to an appropriate drain.
Start up the RO and flush to drain for 20 to 30 minutes until
the pH readings are similar to the readings taken prior to starting
the cleaning regimen. Return the system to normal service
RainDance Water Systems offers Membrane Cleaning
Chemicals and NSF Certified 60 Scale Inhibitors for
your reverse osmosis, nano, ultra, and microfiltration membranes.
- Free RO Modeling - Fill out our online chemical information
form and we will show you how your existing water treatment system
is performing and how to enhance the performance with the use
our membrane cleaners and scale inhibitors.
- Samples Available